Wednesday, November 6, 2013

National Adoption Month!

It's National Adoption Month!  What does that mean to me?  Adoption was my salvation...my destiny.  It saved me, it was/is part of my path in this life and is part of who I am...but, it's not WHO I am.  Meaning, adoption/being adopted doesn't completely define who I am.  Yes, it's a part of who I am, but the soul that I was born with is WHO I am.  The spirit of my soul is my true authentic self and I haven't completely uncovered or know who that is yet...that's what this journey of life is all about...to discover WHO I truly am.  To grow, dig deep and trust in the spirit within to lead me through this journey.

National Adoption Month sheds a light on the plight of abandoned children.  Children who NEED forever homes!  Children who need open hearts, loving parents and a nurturing environment to thrive in.  It reminds us of all the innocent children who have suffered, who don't have consistent or constant care, or the undivided attention of loving parents.  All children deserve to have the opportunity to live in a safe and healthy environment, but that's not the reality for many.

So, as the next few weeks lead up to the hectic days of the holidays, remember to simply say a prayer for all those children that need a forever home...or donate money to a child in need...or spend some time volunteering for an organization that supports adoption or foster care.  We can all make a difference in a child's life! 

Remember, you can purchase my debut book, Corn-fed with Rice on the Side, at www.kimfenneman.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment