Sunday, November 17, 2013

Thankful for...

During this month of "thanks" it's a great reminder of those things we often take for granted...like our health!  But, taking a small moment each day to find gratitude and thanksgiving should be a year-long habit not just during the month of November (for those in the U.S. where the Thanksgiving holiday is in November).  More often than not when I say my prayers each night they ARE filled with all those things I was thankful for that day, so I've definitely tried to make it a habit.  And, it's a good habit!  To look at the good (no matter how big or small) in each day should invade more of our thoughts than what we don't have/what we should be doing/what we forgot to do/how we're not enough/etc.  It's those realities of everyday life that we all focus on constantly.  It's become our way of life.  It's normal.  But, we're not nurturing ourselves with those continuous thoughts.  We're not lifting ourselves up and looking toward the light each and every day.  It's hard, don't get me wrong, but it's that small paradigm shift that we all need to just bring a little more light into our lives, to lighten the load of everyday stresses, to give ourselves permission to make mistakes, to not be perfect.

We need to give ourselves the chance to let our LIGHTS SHINE!!!  Each one of us has an inner light, a gift from God that we were placed on this earth to share.  Yes, it's finding meaning and purpose in our life and living the life we are passionate about.  We've all heard it a thousand times, but how long have you really sat down and thought about it?  Did some soul-searching?  Made sacrifices or the 'path less traveled' decision?  It's not all roses, but finding our passion in life is like a daily garden of fresh roses....blooming, sharing our beauty and fragrance to all we meet.

Adding to my daily moment of "thanks"....I'm thankful for the book signing at my church today and the 4 hours my mom spent with me to cover all 5 services.  Thankful to the strangers who bought a book, shared their stories, helped carry the boxes from my car, and simply showed appreciation for me being there.  It's just what I needed...a little boost for the soul.  Blessings to you this coming week!

No comments:

Post a Comment