Sunday, April 8, 2018

Reconciling Sales

I've been meaning to do this for awhile now...a long while, but am finally getting to it today.  Maybe it's because I don't want to go outside today because it's still a bit chilly from our last cold front...yes, 30's yesterday morning and today is what spring has sprung...for now.  But, I'm looking back through all my book sale records and making sure they're all up-to-date, consolidated and organized.  Obviously, the first couple years I was more on top of it all because it was so new and I wanted to make sure I captured every sale and every detail...from my in-person book signings, to my website sales, my Amazon sales and others.  But, the last couple years have been a bit slower, mainly because I haven't been marketing my book as much as in the beginning, so I haven't been as diligent with my record-keeping...or at least it's felt like it.  In all reality, I'm a pretty organized person, so my idea of not being "on-top-of-things" is probably not a big deal at all.

So, I'm finally putting my mind at ease by ensuring all my record-keeping is up-to-date and reconciled.  It's actually been a little fun to see all those initial sales and how many people responded on the out-set.  It was an exciting time!  Launching my first book, seeing the response from people around the country and even around the world, and just doing it all for the first time...book signings, interviews, etc.  You never know what adventures await you around the corner, so keep your eyes open!  An opportunity that you never thought would happen might be knocking on your door waiting for you to answer!!

As the weather warms up to more spring-like weather, I'm hoping whatever you've put off reconciling in your life will become a priority so you can check it off your list and find some peace of mind for finally dealing with it.  You never know what positive results and/or feelings will come from it...so, just do it!

Blessings to you as a fresh new week kicks off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment