Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Allergy Season

If you've been following my blog for awhile now you know this is my most least favorable time of year...spring, which = spring allergies.  Ugh.  I didn't have allergies growing up, but acquired them when I moved out to California almost 20 years ago.  I actually didn't even know what it was because I didn't know you could get allergies as an adult.  Boy was I wrong!

When I moved back to Texas and told my doctor what my symptoms were she just chuckled and said "you have allergies."  What?  No.  I can't have allergies.  I've never had them before.  Well, welcome to the joys of pollen!  Ever since then it's only gotten worse, particularly the last few years.  Honestly, the only two symptoms I get are a runny nose and I get really, really tired.  I feel like I haven't slept in 72 hours!  And, that's how I feel right now!

Dumb allergies!  I know my symptoms are fairly mild compared to others that suffer more severely, but they are still a pain!  I'm thinking about moving to the desert.  Would that relieve my allergies?  Moving to a place that has few trees sounds pretty good right now.  I remember driving through Tennessee on a vacation when I was younger and thinking there were sooooooo many trees!  And, I visited an old friend up in Traverse City, MI once and actually felt a little claustrophobic with all the trees.  Sad, huh?  I definitely don't think I could move to either location with so many trees everywhere.  I would be sleeping 24/7 during allergy season!

Well, it's just the start of the season and I'm just hoping I make it through it...and waiting on the other side of spring allergies is a blazing hot summer!  That's how we roll here in Texas.  Drats!  Oh weather, how I loathe you at times....this being one of them!

Hoping you have an allergy free season...or at least a tolerable one!  Blessings for good health and runny-free noses this allergy season!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment