Sunday, April 29, 2018

April Showers Bring May Flowers...

You know the saying, but my flowers are already blooming!  The irises around my house have been blooming for over a week now and my peonies bloomed this week, as well.  I love peonies!  We had a few showers in April but nothing significant, however this week we're supposed to have a few days of rain.  The rain extends up into the midwest and some could be severe with tornadoes possible.  That's not the way we want to kick off May.

I know many states up north are still experiencing freezing temps in the mornings, so I don't think April has thawed out winter quite yet.  But, May is upon us and I think spring-like temps will follow for the rest of the U.S.  We've already hit the 80's here in Texas a couple days which is OK, but I'm definitely not ready for the 90's or 100 degree temps yet.  I hope it's a mild summer...whatever that means in a normally blazing hot Texas!  Actually, last summer wasn't as sizzling as the previous summer.  We had fewer 100 degree days and I'm good with that!

My garden is planted and I'm thankful for the rain coming this week.  If it rains just once a week for the next month or so that would be perfect!  Once July and August get here the dry spell will go on and on with little rain in sight.  But, who knows what the weather will do anymore.  It used to be more predictable, it seems, but now with all the climate change that is affecting our weather patterns it's hard to tell.  Lets just hope there are few and less devastating hurricanes this year!

Whatever the weather is like in your neighborhood, I hope you enjoy what the season offers you and remember to stop and smell the roses!  Many blessings for a great week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment