Sunday, April 22, 2018

Food For Thought...

Have you ever thought about or has anyone ever asked you what you'd want your final meal to be?  I guess death row inmates are "lucky" in that sense since they actually get to decide what their final meal will be.  For the rest of us, "who knows" when we'll actually leave this earth more less be able to actually plan our last meal.  But, I guess if you could decide what the last thing you'd ever eat was what would it be?  Obviously, calories wouldn't matter or even how much you actually ate because it really wouldn't matter...in the end.  The very end.

I think I would have lasagna with cheesy garlic bread, forget the salad and bring on a delicious pizza, ending with a rhubarb pie with vanilla ice cream.  Actually, there are too many desserts I'd want to eat...at the end.  Maybe I would just have a dessert bar with every scrumptious dessert and let that be the end!  What would you have?

On another food note, what's something you haven't eaten since you were a kid and actually still crave?  I saw a box of Honey Combs at the grocery store the other day and don't think I've even thought of them since I was a kid.  I wondered it they still tasted how I remembered.  I almost bought a box just to see if they did, but I didn't.  So, cereal would probably be a big thing...Fruity Pebbles, Captain Crunch, Count Chocula, Boo Berry, Trix.  When I was a teenager, I loved those Snackwells Devil Food cookies.  And, when I was younger the Schwan's man used to come out to our farm and we would get a lot of ice cream, popsicles, pizzas, etc.  I loved, loved their blue popsicles that tasted like raspberry!  That's all I can think of right now, but I'll probably dream about some others tonight.  What about you?

And finally, have you ever thought about how you pull out your eggs from the egg carton?  Do you pull out from the center or from the outsides?  I bet most people pull from the center.  I actually look at all the eggs and pull out the ones that are similar in circumference.  I use the ones that are similar in size together.  Strange?  Well, I know at least one person that also does this...Clinton Kelly from The Chew.  All of these questions were discussed during the show at some point this year.  So, if you watch the show you'll probably remember them discussing these topics.  I thought they were interesting and got me thinking of my own responses.  So, I hope it does the same for you.

Wishing you a very blessed week ahead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment