Sunday, February 22, 2015

Shared Journeys, Shared Memories

Today I extended my birthday celebration and had a brunch with several of my closest friends and family along with their moms.  When I was thinking of what I wanted to do for my birthday I decided I wanted to keep it small and casual, but do something a little different and special.  I wanted to include the moms that have led us on this journey and been there to support us along the way.

Several of my friends thought it was so thoughtful to include their moms and I was happy to do so...mainly because I've grown so close to my mom over the past several years, so it just felt like an extension of that love and gratitude.  And all of the moms were so thankful that I included them...it was my pleasure!  It was so fun to see all of them today and see all the joy and laughter shared with one another.  Remembering shared experiences, stories and discussing our futures.  It was a moment of gratitude for our shared journeys, our shared memories and the connections we've made.  That's all that really matters in life.  It's those moments...those people closest to you and those bonds that sustain us.

I feel blessed and honored that everyone I invited to the brunch today accepted and came on a cold, wet and windy day.  It's very rare that everyone you invite to a party actually accepts and shows up, so I'm truly grateful for their time, friendship and support!!

Even though I was freaking myself out leading up to my birthday (because of the age I was turning), it came and passed and all was well.  I knew it would be, but the realities of age are creeping in now.  We're all of the age now where you're not "young" anymore, but you're not really old either.  It's that in-between where the body starts acting up and you realize what is happening to you.  You're getting older and you're feeling your age now!  Yuck.  Before, that was just for your parents or your grandparents.  But, now we've entered "that age" where it all begins.  Oh joy.

But, with age comes wisdom and we are all much wiser than we were.  We've all learned so much and continue to grow each day.  It's the journey of life and if we're all lucky enough to connect and share it with others that care and support us then we will have a full and joyous life.  My heart is full, my soul is grateful and I AM blessed beyond measure.

I hope you have a blessed week ahead and make an old or even new connection with someone this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment