Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Work Irony...Humor

The other day at work I was telling a co-worker about the status of a contractor that I and another co-worker manage.  The contractor takes direction from both of us and we've been discussing whether or not we want to renew the contract for the contractor.  Sadly, as in most cases it may not be our decision with looming budget cuts in 1Q.  So, that may make our decision pretty simple.

However, when I was telling all of this to one of my co-workers I casually joked with her on what the contractor must think getting direction from two Asians!  My other co-worker that provides direction for her is an Asian man and we just had our year-end review with the contractor who sat on one side of the table while we sat on the other side.  I chuckle a little with us...two Asians...sitting there giving her feedback, direction and encouragement wondering what she's really thinking!  I told my co-worker..."Hey, at least we speak English!"  More so, we speak English well with no Asian accents that may be hard to pick up sometimes...at least for me!  My co-worker couldn't stop laughing!  Well, these are the things that run through my head sometimes.  A little ironic, I know, but it's reality, too.

Seriously, if you spoke with me on the phone or saw my name on email you wouldn't think I was Asian.  I don't really have an accent and most people think I'm from California after talking with me...go figure.  

And, I must say there aren't many Asians on the floor I work on at work because it's the sales and marketing floor.  Now, I'm sure there are plenty on the Accounting floor, but I think there are only 1 or 2 other Asians on our floor.  So, for this contractor to have to work with two Asians is a little comical...at least to me!

I hope your work week is going well and you can find some humor in your days!  Blessings to you for a productive and laugh-filled end of the week!




No comments:

Post a Comment