Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Counting Down...

Today it's 1 month before my birthday...the big one...the start of the mid-life crisis one...the one that's completely messing with my head...the one that gets me into 'old age' (and I definitely feel it)!  How did I get here?!?!  I can't be 'this' old...not yet!!  

I know it's just a number and I've been wishing all my friends on Facebook a very Happy Birthday as they celebrate reaching the milestone over the past year.  But, it was more like 'Happy Birthday to YOU...not me because I'm not there yet!  I have a long way yet until I get there.  It's NOT ME yet!'  That kind of good wishes.  But now my day is ticking closer and it seems like the end all.  Again, I know it's not but for some reason this was the age growing up that seemed to be that critical milestone, the one that reflected the peak of your successes and where you were in life and where you were headed.  I'm sure we can say that about any age, but this was the one for me.  Eeek!

I'm actually OK with the numbers 50, 60, even 70 because by then I know I won't really care how old I am...just that I'm still kicking!  So, as the next month goes by I'm desperately searching for my youth and all that it entailed, but also wondering what the next year, the next decade will bring in my life.  As the end of the year approached, I did a lot of reflecting as I always do, but this year it was inflated with my impending milestone birthday.  It's been making me reflect more on what I've done, what I've accomplished and what I haven't more so than any other year.  Again, how did I get here?!

I know as we all hit these milestones there is some amount of reflection going on and on the flip side there are several people and many friends that didn't get the opportunity to even make it to this milestone.  So, I am grateful to still be alive, be healthy and blessed with all the things in my life.  So, as the day approaches hopefully I'll have been able to put it all into perspective for myself and feel proud and hopeful for the future.  And hopefully, I won't freak out, be too dramatic or feel like it's downhill from here.  

If you've got any tips for reaching a birthday milestone, please share!  

I wish you many blessings this week and hope you've had a healthy reflection of your 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment