Sunday, September 28, 2014

Daily Grind

I work-out regularly every week so it's just part of my daily routine...but, there are some days the 'normal routine' seems like a daily grind of "here we go again."  Do you ever feel that way?  This morning I just wasn't in the mood to work-out which is fairly rare, but I did it and got it done!  I went to church with my mom and then we went out for a little brunch.  Then as we do most weekends we ran errands...mainly to organic grocery stores.  As soon as I got home a load of laundry went into the wash and some chicken into the oven for the week ahead.  Basically the same thing I do every weekend....

So, today felt like one of those 'grind it out' days...just get it done!  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the time I spent with my mom today and sharing funny stories, but it sort of felt like I had stepped onto the same carousel from the weekend before that and the weekend before that....round and round we go.

Some days it just feels like the same 'ole thing and that's not necessarily a good or bad thing.  Some days it just feels more "blah" than normal and acceptable.  I'll take a "blah" day over a dramatic or tragic day anytime, so I'm not complaining.  It just stood out to me today while I was at the gym.  I definitely don't want a crazy or stressful day to break up the monotony, but that's usually what happens.  That's life, right?  

So, whether it's just another 'grind it out day' or a day of overwhelming chaos I know I'll remain grateful for the day.  Each day is a gift and no matter how simple, complex, overwhelming, stressful, or happy it is I'm grateful for it all!  Grateful for the time, the lessons, new people crossing my path, friends and family sharing and supporting me along the way, and for the hope of another new day!  Blessings to you this week!  No matter what tomorrow brings, may you approach it with a grateful heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment