Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to ALL the dad's out there!  But, a special shout out to my dad!  He's always been there for me for all the big things, but more importantly for all the little things.  All the 'thankless' jobs, all the mending of emotional fences, all the house repairs, all the encouragement needed at just the right time, all the humorous takes on life, all the everyday life advice, and all the love that a father can give.  He's always been on my side and that means a lot.  Growing up, he was the most patient person I knew...time and age has changed that a bit...but, he's still one of the most generous of his time and always there to offer his assistance to anyone he meets.  He served our country with courage and bravery (during the Vietnam War), but never got the support or acceptance of a nation that surrounds our veterans today.  He's not only there for me whenever I need him, but for ALL of my siblings.  I don't know how he does it, but he has time for all of us and helps us with whatever we need...all the time!  I don't know what we'd all do without him.

So, thank you dad for ALL that you do for each one of us!  Thank you for your unconditional love and for being MY dad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment