Sunday, June 30, 2013

Another Step...

So, I'm finally sitting down today to edit the second proof of my book today.  It's flowing pretty easily now, so I think it's pretty close to being final.  That's the one thing I've learned through the process of being an author, though, you can always add more and more.  You have to know when to stop...when to edit yourself!  There will always be more stories to tell or more details to add, but you have to take a step back to remember the purpose, the essence of "this" book.  What was your original intent?  Have you met that? Are the things you want to add in-line with that purpose or do they tell another story with another intent?  This may seem easier said than done, especially when you're writing a memoir and all your stories and details are about your life.  The stories don't end...as long as you're still alive...but knowing how to collect and present those stories in one cohesive book (or story, if you will) is what you have to be diligent with.  Wow.  Did I just say I was an author?!  Again, I won't believe it until I see it and we're one step closer.  Thanks for sharing this journey with me!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment