Sunday, July 1, 2018

A Hot One...

As always, a June picnic in Texas is going to be hot!  Despite being another 100 degree day, we had a lot of fun and welcomed numerous new families to the DFW Holt International Family Picnic yesterday.  We usually have a good mix of families that have previously attended and new families, but yesterday we had many more new families attending which is always such a delight!  I know myself, my co-host and even my parents love meeting new families and hearing their stories.  We had so many families with children the same age, so there were a lot of new friendships made.  It was definitely fun to be a part of and why I continue to co-host (for the past 5 years).

Sharing stories, asking questions, and making new connections is what it's all about.  It's fun to get to know each and every family that attends and see the joy and laughter from their children.  And, it's so fun to talk to the kids!  I think that's my mom's favorite part!  As for my dad, I'll be talking to a family and they'll tell me something my dad told them earlier or ask a question about something my dad told them earlier.  My dad gets around to almost every family, too and enjoys hearing about their adoption journeys.  Obviously, it's what connects us, but each story is different and every circumstance is somewhat different.  As I've said before, there's no cookie cutter adoption journey or process because each child and each situation is different.  That's why it's so fun to get together at least once a year to share those stories and see how the kids have grown from year to year.

All the kiddos were such cuties and I pray they thrive in their new environments.  I pray for their parents and know that their loving and open hearts have already changed their child's life forever.  May blessings of love, self-confidence, happiness, and health be with all the families that attended yesterday and those that couldn't attend.  

And, as we enter into the 2nd half of 2018 (already!) may blessings fill your days and God's grace carry you through the tough days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment