Thursday, October 16, 2014

The Wait...

I have a saying on my fridge and one line of it states, "Your health is your most valuable asset."  It's so true, but it's something I think many of us take for granted on a daily basis...unless you're sick or have a lingering illness.  It's a scary thing when you don't have your health.

Yesterday I took my mom in for a procedure and the whole morning leading up to it my stomach was churning.  It was worried.  Understandably, she spent the morning doing the same thing.  Her stomach was in knots full of worry, too.  It was a normal reaction to the unknown, but we both said a few prayers to calm our nerves and lead us towards the grace of God.

The procedure went well and we'll find out the results today, but the waiting beforehand and during the procedure was hard.  As I was waiting for her during the procedure, I kept thinking about all the other people that are dealing with life-changing health problems.  The ones that have to keep coming back to the hospital for treatments.  The strength and courage they face everyday to keep fighting their own fight.  

None of us know what tomorrow will bring, but I pray we all have the courage and the strength to face it with faith, determination and love.  May you have continued blessings today and everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment