Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Birthday Week!

Apparently people around my age (go ahead with your guesses), celebrate their birthdays with week-long celebrations.  Hellllloooo, where have I been?  I've been getting ripped off!  I've been taking my one day and moving on...whereas, I could have been extending the party and planning fun after fun after fun!  Let the new tradition begin! 

However, having a holiday for your birthday is always a challenge.  You always feel like you're sharing your birthday with everyone else because everyone else is out celebrating that holiday.  So restaurants are booked, flowers are more expensive, and you never truly get your 'one' special day that is completely yours.  So, you have to wait another week to really plan a party or wait until everyone else is done celebrating that holiday.  But, with the week-long celebration idea it might be more conducive to perpetuating that 'one' special day feeling without the holiday flare.  Hmmm...I'm liking this idea more and more!  Alright, friends and family...get ready!

But, as another birthday comes and goes this week I stop to reflect on the year that has passed and the year ahead.  Last year was eye-opening for me as I learned more life lessons in one year than ever before and I definitely grew in my trust and relationship with God.  Those lessons and strengthened faith in God's grace has propelled me into the new year with full gusto!  It's been a true whirlwind since the beginning of the year with new changes, new surprises, new people, new opportunities and truly endless possibilities.  But, in all the fast and fury of it all I have to pause, take time to thank God for all his bounty and give back as much as I can.  To be truly present in each and every moment, to take it in and to never take a moment for granted.  We hear it all the time, but it's much harder to practice on a day to day basis.  The hustle and bustle of everyday life gets in the way...and that's part of the realization...maybe there's too much hustle and bustle. 

I wish each of you a Happy Valentine's Day and appreciate all of your love and support in the glorious year ahead!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment