Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The Cool Down...

Finally!  Fall weather has arrived and the cool down is on!  We've had a couple chilly mornings the past week or so and today I had to turn on my seat warmer in my car as I was driving back from the gym.  The highs over the weekend will be in the upper 50's!  Yes!  I love the cool, crispness in the air!

Bundling up.  Cuddling up.  And oh so good comfort foods that fill you up!  I'm ready and I'm finally starting to crave a little pumpkin spice at the moment.  Actually some yummy pumpkin bread is calling my name somewhere!  Alas, cantaloupe is on the current menu and will have to suffice for now.  

What gets you excited when the cooler weather blows in?  And what's your favorite comfort food that warms you up after a cold day?  Soup, for sure, for me...or a good turkey chili.  Homemade bread filling up the house with carb goodness is a must!  And, with the holidays coming up any cookies, pies or cinnamon rolls are heavenly!  Ohhh goodness!  The most gluttonous time of year is here!

I can't believe Halloween is next week and Thanksgiving is in about 30 days!  Get ready!  All the excitement, wonder, stress and joy of the holiday season is upon us!  Take a deep breath and enjoy the beauty of the season...or at least try!

Cool and refreshing blessings to you the rest of this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment