Thursday, October 5, 2017

Heartbreak...

I'm sure I along with so many of you felt heartbroken, sad and angry Monday morning when we heard about the senseless mass shooting in Las Vegas on Sunday night.  It just doesn't make sense...even 4 days later...there are still no concrete motives.  How could this happen again (let the debate begin...again)?  What are we going to do about it?!

It's so unbelievably tragic, sad and horrifying.  And yet, there are always stories of sincere humanity and heroism when things like this happen.  I'm not going to debate the would've, could've, should have's of preventing this and how we change things moving forward.  That's a bigger discussion, but I will say if you want to see change speak up, stand up and make that change happen!  VOTE!  Vote for the individuals in your town, state and for federal officials that will bring about the change you want to see.  Those that WILL stand up for what you believe it!  It's the only way change is going to happen!  So, may we all send our prayers and blessings to those affected by this horrible tragedy.

Something I had posted on my Facebook page late last week is even more relevant now and more poignant.  So, I'm going to share it here, too.  

After all the "noise" in the news lately, hearing the words to this song gave me hope, lifted my spirits and reaffirmed that love and the light of God will move us forward.  I encourage you to download Mandisa's "Bleed the Same".

Here's the chorus:
We all bleed the same
We're more beautiful when we come together
We all bleed the same
So tell me why, tell me why
We're divided
If we're gonna fight
Lets fight for each other
If we're gonna shout
Let love be the cry
We all bleed the same
So tell me why, tell me why
We're divided

Love and blessings to those that lift one another up, that take the time to listen to another's opposing view, and to those that show compassion and understanding to all they meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment