Wednesday, September 27, 2017

We Are All The Same...

One of the themes or points I've tried to get across in my book and through this blog is that "we're all the same"...we're all human.  After you strip away all the labels we put upon one another and get down to the bottom line we're all just human.  We all have blood running through our veins.  We all have a heart pumping that blood through our body.  And, we all really want the same thing...to live a healthy, happy, safe and fulfilling life.  

Yes, the labels make us all different.  Yes, we all look different, think different, feel different, etc. and how we try to live that healthy, happy, safe and fulfilling life is different from one another.  But, at the core we're all just human.

So, when I heard Mandisa's song "Bleed the Same" the other morning (after all the talk and noise over the NFL protests over the weekend) it completely hit a cord.  It moved me.  They are poignant words.  True words.  Here's the chorus:

We all bleed the same
We're more beautiful when we come together 
We all bleed the same
So tell me why, tell me why
We're divided
If we're gonna fight
Let's fight for each other
If we're gonna shout
Let love be the cry
We all bleed the same
So tell me why, tell me why
We're divided

I encourage you to download this song and listen to it often...maybe even start your day with it driving to work...especially in these trying times we need loving perspective.  I hope it brightens your day!

May God bless and keep you...as the beautiful creation he made in you...may we all come together in love, light and peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment