Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Online vs. Box

With Amazon taking over the online shopping space, what is going to happen to the box store...going into an actual store to touch the product before buying it?  Yes, I've bought things online, but I still like going to the store, picking out my own produce or trying on clothes before buying it.  I know a ton of people who only shop online...for everything!  I just don't think I could do it.  Could you?  Or do you already?

What's the appeal?  Time?  Convenience?  But, aren't you constantly returning items?  I just think it takes away from the whole experience of shopping.  I sit at a desk all day long for work so the last thing I want to do is sit at it any more than I have to to do my shopping.  

We're finally getting a Whole Foods in my city...sometime soon...but with Amazon buying Whole Foods I wonder if the actual store will still be standing in 5 years.  If we're going to have delivery of everything I want it the right way...the Jetson's way!  Just pressing a button and it travels instantly through an air tube right into your home!  Now that's delivery!

Until then, I'll enjoy going into actual stores and picking out exactly what I want by touch, sight, and sound.  But, however you like to shop I think the way we all shop will change over the next 5-10 years.  I'll guess we'll all find out in the future...and who knows, there may not be any malls left by then!

May blessings fill your heart full of love and gratitude that you pass it on to someone else!


No comments:

Post a Comment