Sunday, January 20, 2019

Cold Blast

As a very strong arctic blast moves across the U.S., strong winds, icy roads and mounds of snow are piling up.  We had the coldest morning here in Texas so far this winter with wind chills in the teens.  I always think, if it's this cold here think how much colder it is up north.  Yikes!  I'm not sure I could deal with those bitterly, bone-chilling temps and for now I'm glad I don't have to.  I got a dusting of snow yesterday morning and that's enough for most people around here, although the kiddos would enjoy about and inch of snow I'm sure!

We're still in the midst of starting a new year, even though there's only 1 more full week left in January.  Are you still committed to your new year's goals?  It's been a rocky road for me so far.  But, each new day is a new beginning...right?!  There's 12 days left in January to get it right...get back on track...or start anew.  So, here goes!  

Although, I've had a bit of a queasy stomach on and off this week, so that's been slowing me down and keeping me distracted from my goals.  I'm not sick, per se, no fever or anything just low energy and a disturbed stomach.  So, I took a break from my workouts this weekend to just let my body heal, recover and recharge a bit before I go back at it tomorrow.  Besides, I really didn't want to get out in this windy cold weather either!

However, sometimes a cold blast can wake us up from whatever plateau or fog we're in at the moment, and many times that's just what we need!  A shock to the system.  A re-purposed reboot.  A sharp bitter wind smacking us in the face to "wake up!"  Get on with life!  Get on with our goals!  Get on with living!

So, if you're enjoying the cold blast outside your front door, let it push you further toward achieving your new year's goals!  If your hunkered down avoiding the winter wonderland outside your front door, take the time to reflect on what you really want and how to get there this year.  Either way, stay safe and warm this week!  May blessings of dedication and commitment recharge you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment