Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Do you celebrate St. Paddy's Day?  Do you have any traditions?  I don't really do anything for the holiday...most of the time I forget to wear green.  So, it's not one of those holidays I have high on my list.  However, Pi Day was yesterday...now that's a day I could get into...the pie kind, of course!  The older I get the more and more I like pie!  All kinds of pie!  When I was younger, growing up on a farm in rural America, apple pie was my favorite...obviously!

I remember for all the big holidays all my aunts would bring a pie and my grandma would make several pies.  There would be apple, cherry, peach, mince meat, etc.  But now, I'm a big fan and love a buttermilk pie, chess pie, pretty much any fruit pie, chocolate, etc.  Oh yes, Pi Day is a really good day!  Because there's also pizza pie!!  Come on!  Enjoy a great pizza pie and then finish it off with a fabulous piece of dessert pie!  What could be more satisfying?!

So, whatever you do to celebrate St. Paddy's Day...drinking green beer, parade watching, eating traditional Irish foods, etc....I hope you have a lucky day!  May the luck of the Irish bring you many blessings the rest of this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment