Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Bug Delight

Every spring, usually sometime during March or April I get attacked by bugs!  It's become my spring initiation, I think, every year.  So, I always expect it to come.  This year March and April came and went and I was unscathed mainly due to the mild temperatures and little rain.  Unleash the rain and bugs in May and let the attack begin!  It's been a rainy month of May and we're supposed to get rain every day this week, yet.  Joy.  So, last Wednesday my dad came over to fix my ailing fence so I spent most of the day outside weeding my garden, trimming my rose bushes, and helping my dad when needed.  I put bug spray on my legs and arms, but apparently that was high insufficient.  I didn't realize the extent of the bug attack all over my body until the next morning.  I had over 20 bites from fire ant bites, mosquitoes and something else.  I'm allergic to fire ant bites and in recent years to mosquito bites, as well.  So, those swell up, got hot and of course all of them itch like crazy!  Crazy!  The first day was bad and highly uncomfortable.  I didn't sleep well that night and the next day was even worse.  The mosquito bites swelled up to the size of quarters and everything just itched!  I had to take my car in for maintenance so just waited the hour while it was being taken care of; however, I wore tennis shoes instead of flip flops and my feet were on fire the whole time I was there.  I was miserable!  I wanted to crawl out of my skin it was so uncomfortable.

Every year this is what I have to look forward to no matter how hard I try to prevent it.  It always happens.  Luckily the severe itchiness has subsided with just an occasional itch urging, but my feet, legs, etc aren't looking too pretty right about now.  Ohhh spring, how I don't love thee bugs!

And now with the zika outbreak it makes the thought of getting bitten by a mosquito even scarier.  So, be vigilant with the bug repellent this year and try to stay free of bug bites!  I know I'll be trying my hardest.  

Many blessings this first week of June!!


No comments:

Post a Comment