Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Blue Skies Ahead...

With the gloomy, icy, snowy weather we've had in the last week...including tonight, more sleet and snow...gloomy skies have abounded over us for what seems like a month.  I don't mind it much especially since I love watching the snow falling outside.  It's so peaceful and calming.  And, of course reminds me of my childhood.  

I know a lot of people who are tired of this mixed bag of winter weather, but I just think about those who live up north, especially in the northeast like in Boston.  They've had incredible amounts of snow this year and are still digging out.  So, I'm no complaining one bit.  But, I do see how people get the wintertime blues without any sunshine beaming down on their faces.  I definitely caved up and felt a little blue last week when we got our first blast of icy weather.  But, I quickly bounced back seeing the beautiful snow fall the next day.  

So, for all of those who live up north in the frigid cold or anywhere else in the world that endures the freezing weather, God bless you!!  I don't know how you do it, but you do it well!  You know how to drive in it (without the whole world shutting down like it does down here in Texas) and you are stylish in your winter wardrobes which isn't always easy!

Hang in there everyone!  Spring is coming!  It will bring the sun back, but it will also bring spring thunderstorms, tornadoes and bugs!  I can deal with thunderstorms but the other two I could do without!  So, as we all transition from winter into spring, may we all find some sunshine to light up our lives in the process!  Even if the sun isn't literally shining where you are this week, I hope you shine your light brightly for those around you!  YOU be the light!

Blessings to you this week and shine your light brightly in this gloomy weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment