Wednesday, March 18, 2015

1 Minute Look into Korean Beauty Over the Decades

Have you seen this post about Korean beauty trends over the past 100 years...in only 1 minute?!  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/17/100-years-of-korean-beauty_n_6887726.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063

I'm always fascinated to see the beauty trends of Koreans...mainly since I never saw any of that growing up!  It was always a rare find to see an Asian in a magazine growing up and then if it were talking about beauty tips and secrets that always excited me!  It still does!  So, recently I've been seeing more and more posts about Korean beauty secrets online (on Refinery 29).  I get a little giddy every time a find a post like that and I love seeing the different styles that Koreans wear...whether it beauty or fashion.

If you've read my book, Corn-fed with Rice on the Side, I talk about wanting and hoping for beauty tips while I was growing up.  I just didn't have an Asian role models to look up to in this area.  So, when I was traveling in many East Asian countries (for work), I was elated to walk into department stores and see Asian models on all the beauty counters.  It was a little strange (just because that's not what I was used to), but it was nice.

Where do you get your Asian beauty tips from?  What are the best ones you've come across?  

Hoping you have a blessed rest of the week and enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment