Sunday, November 30, 2014

Season's Greetings!!

The holidays are officially here!  Thanksgiving has come and gone...along with Black Friday.  Now it's back to work for a few more weeks and then some down time to enjoy Christmas with my family and friends!

Are you feeling the holiday frenzy yet or easing your way into the madness?!  Last year, mom and I were troopers and shopped a little on Thanksgiving Day (for the first time) and then got some great deals on Black Friday.  This year we lost our steam early on!  It must be old age?  We didn't go out shopping on Thanksgiving Day and we started mid-morning on Black Friday...however, I got out a couple hours earlier on my own before mom came over.  We got some good deals, but we lacked the gusto of a year ago!  How's your holiday shopping going?

I still feel behind but am trying not to put undue pressure on myself.  I'll decorate the house next weekend (inside and out) and wrap presents during the week.  As for my notoriously early Christmas cards...well, they may be a few days later this year...yikes!  I know, I know...it's OK...but people have come to expect my card 1st to arrive each year.  But, there's only so much I can get done each day and there's always tomorrow, right?

It's almost 80 degrees here in Texas today, but tomorrow it will struggle to get into the low 40's.  Eeeck!  But, it'll feel more like the holidays with some cooler weather ahead.  

Today also ends National Adoption Month.  I've read several articles posted on Huffington Post online throughout the month and was happy to see some attention paid to the cause rather than be overshadowed by the holidays or other news.  I hope you were able to read or hear about some good adoption stories throughout the month, learn more about adoption, volunteer or support the cause in some way and/or share your adoption story with others.

If you haven't read my book yet, Corn-fed with Rice on the Side, you can go to www.kimfenneman.com to order the book.  You can order a hardcopy from my website or go to Amazon.com to order an ebook.  I ship internationally, as well as, domestically and you can get the ebook in other languages.  It's a great Christmas gift for anyone, so buy one (or two) today...and don't forget to get one for yourself!!

Blessings to you on the first week of December!!  Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment