Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Hump Day, Fun Day

Oh what a Wednesday!  It's been a busy and exhausting week so far, but it's been one of those days you could hardly prepare for...and it's only Wednesday!  I've had an out-of-town friend staying with me since Monday so coordinating and entertaining have been a little challenging this week with my busy schedule, but it all worked out!  But, as I was driving home from working out at the gym this morning I blew out a tire!  Yikes!  I was just hoping I wouldn't start swerving around or that I'd start hearing the rims grind on the pavement.  I still had halfway to go to get home, so I just prayed for about 6-7 miles.  Thankfully, I made it home with no rim grinding!  As I got out of my car the air in my tire was just whooshing out!  Oh great!

One of those unexpected daily life occurrences that you hadn't planned on, but now have to deal with.  So, after saying good-bye to my friend who was catching an early morning flight out I called roadside assistance to come put my spare on.  He didn't come until right in the middle of a team call I was leading (of course!) so as I was pacing and talking and going in and out of mute, he got the flat off and the spare on.  As soon as my call was over I was off to get a new tire.  Oh joy!

And as my day was going, my car got done 30 minutes before my next call I had to lead so I raced (yes, literally raced) home to get online to run my next work call.  Did I mention I was starving and haven't had lunch yet?!  So, now that the work day is done and I've taken care of my unexpected problem for the day I'm even more exhausted than before.  I think I'll be calling it a very early evening tonight!

But, on the bright side...actually, a couple things...at least the blow out wasn't too serious and it didn't damage any more than just the tire and the tire was still under warranty so I didn't actually have to pay for a brand new tire.  Plus, I just booked my first Author Talk event at my local library!!  Eeeks!!!  It'll be my first public talk and the first library in the area for me to do a book signing so I'm really excited about it!  I hope all my local friends and supporters will come out for the event.  All the details will be on my website soon.

Here's to getting over the "hump" today!  Hoping your week is filled with warming (due to the weather) blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment