Sunday, February 10, 2019

Be Inspired!

What inspires you?  Yes, there are things that you see or read, mainly on social media platforms these days, that may inspire you for a moment or two, but what REALLY inspires you?  What inspires you to your core?  What inspires you to actually take action?  What inspires you to think of others before yourself?  What INSPIRES you?!

I think it's one of those questions that we don't really think about on a daily basis.  It's one of those things we take for granted throughout our lives.  Or it's just something we put on the back-burner...for another day...another time...another season.  But, as they say...what better time than right now?!  Right now is all we have.  Right?  We know it, but those things on our bucket list or cherished to-lists just get pushed further and further down the list day after day.  So again, what inspires you...to take action now?!  

This has definitely been true for me.  Things I've wanted to do, had on my to-list forever and still haven't done...thinking I have time or I can do it next year, ok maybe next year...and on and on.  So, I've come to the conclusion that I haven't been sufficiently or properly motivated or inspired to truly act on some of the things that I've always said I've wanted to do.  That being said, I did go skydiving!  Tandem of course, but it's something I wanted to do and the opportunity presented itself several years ago.  So, I took it!  It was awesome and I'm so glad I did it!  I would totally do it again, too!

So, there are some things I've done, but not nearly as many things as I've wanted.  What stops us?  Life?  Fear?  Self-doubt?  The list could go on and on.  So, I'm challenging myself this year to tackle some of those things on my list.  Do it!  Do it now!  Stop waiting!  Live life!  I want to help more...serve others more...so, I just volunteered at my church's prom dress mission where they give away prom dresses to those that need one.  I donated a dress several years ago, but this year I'll get to see the mission in action.  And, I'll get to see the difference it makes in these young girls' lives...the pure delight and happiness in their faces!  I can't wait!

So, whatever "it" is that you want to do, whatever personal "to-do" lists you want to tackle this year...DO IT!!  Just lift your heart up to the Lord and ask for courage, strength, or being able to look at "it" from a new perspective.  Find your inspiration...and take action!  Get inspired!  It will be contagious and who knows, you might just inspire someone else to take action!

Wishing you inspirational blessings to make a difference...to change the world one step at a time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment