Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Sweet Tooth

Darn holidays and all the yummy, delicious, sweet treats!  There are just too many goodies out there this time of year to avoid.  Darn it!  Trying to be good and not indulge so much is really hard this time of year.  No wonder the average person gains 8 lbs during the holidays.  It's SO easily done!  From holiday parties, happy hours, to baking cookies and other baked goods to Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and lets face it...just a regular day of stress can lead to indulging in all the "bad" stuff.  But, it's ohhh sooo good, too!

Yes, the holidays can be full of cheer and also stress which tends to lead to all the extra eating and I find myself in a bit of a sugar rut.  Ugh.  I'm usually pretty good about cutting out all the sugar and just sticking to lean meats, veggies and fruits, but the holidays are killing me!  My poor stomach, I'm sorry.  I've been pouring in more sugar than you're used to and once you're on the sugar train it's hard to get off it especially when it's the holidays.

So, in one sense I'm ready for the new year so that I can flush out all this sugar and get back to healthy and consistent eating.  But, I guess in the meantime I'm just going to enjoy the sweet treats that come my way!  It's only once a year, right?!

Wishing you blessings full of sweet treats and merriment this holiday season!!

No comments:

Post a Comment