Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Chinese New Year

Chinese New Year is this weekend.  Do you do anything to celebrate or participate in it?  Do all Asians need to participate in it or is it just the Chinese?  Are there some cultural guidelines to what other Asian ethnicities should do or be doing during this time?  Are there certain things you should eat (like black-eyed peas for Americans) or wear?  

These are just a few of the things I have no clue about as an adoptee.  Not that I couldn't find out or learn about the traditions of Chinese New Year for Koreans or even the Chinese, but I guess I never really think about it.  I do read the Chinese horoscope for the new year, though.  Does that count for anything?!  Yeah, that's what I thought.

Well, perhaps this year I'll learn some things and then a little more next year.  But, for those that do celebrate and have their own traditions...Happy Chinese New Year!!

Wishing everyone happy and healthy blessings in your new year...whether it started 25 days ago or will start in 3 days!  Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment