Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Aches and Pains

When we were younger, we heard our aunts and uncles, grandparents, etc. tell us that our bodies fall apart as we get older.  There are more aches and pains, more creaky joints and more recovery time needed for working out, laborious chores or a late night out!  Well yes, I will finally attest to all of it!  Dangit!!

Since mid-May I've strained my knee, pulled my pectoral muscles (yes, lovely), suffered my worst stomach muscle tear (that's taken a good 2.5 months to heal) and in the last few days have been dealing with a severe pinched nerve in my neck that pretty much froze up my entire left side down to the bottom of my shoulder blade.  Fun times!  The first three things I did while working out, but the last ailment hit me while I was sleeping.  Really?!  Come on!

So, am I feeling old yet?!  Ha!  You definitely take it all for granted when you're younger and you do crazy things to your body that don't have such dire consequences the next morning.  But, slowly into your late 30's and 40's it all becomes a harsh reality that your body can no longer handle things you've done in the past...it's wearing down, slowly but surely.  Even if you work-out regularly and eat well, as I do.  It's just a reality of life and time beating down on you.  I think that's why so many people in their 40's start running marathons or triathlons.  They're trying to prove to themselves their body can still "work" and do athletic things like they did when they were younger, and/or they're wanting to accomplish new physical goals that they've never achieved before...all commendable (and sometimes crazy depending on the activity).

So whatever aches and pains you're dealing with, I hope you have plenty of ice bags, a durable heating pad, and lots of patience to make sure you heal properly!  Believe me, it's ALL needed!

Healing blessings to you this week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment