Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Positive Reminder...

Four years ago today I posted on Facebook, "Remembering God's grace for me today and everyday...that I HAVE everything I need and HE will ALWAYS provide."  I needed that positive reminder today!

It's been a rough summer for me, but God has provided along the way and I'm grateful for his mercy and his grace every day!  It seems like it's been one thing after another, but I've tried to remain calm and give all my worries to God.  It's not easy and some days it just eats you up, but all I can do is pray, try, get up every day and try again.  That's all any of us can do!  Some days it's easier than others.  

Last May I had to replace my air conditioning unit...ouch, that put a dent in the pocketbook!  I really need to replace my roof, but have been putting it off...for 2 years now.  But, today I had to replace my water heater.  Sigh.  It's one of those necessities that you just have to do and can't really put off.  I'm very grateful it got done today and I didn't have to wait and I'm thankful for the kind plumber who installed it.  But, I really just wanted to cry all day.  Just one more thing.  And per my last post, I've had a lingering lump in my throat all day because I've wanted to cry but won't let myself because I have to remind myself (as the Facebook "see your memories" from years past popped up from 2012) that God is good and he will always provide.  He always has in the past and I know he will now.  So, although I feel beat down a bit I know God is working in my favor and all will be well.  I just need to hold onto that to push me forward.

So, whatever sadness, frustration or brokenness, you may be feeling...TRUST in the LORD and all will be well!  Moments like these truly put your faith to the test, but that's the point!  So, stay true to your goodness and the grace of God that fills your life with light!  May your soul and mine be at peace in God's glory!  

May blessings of restoration fill you up to carry on and be a light to someone else!!

No comments:

Post a Comment