Sunday, August 21, 2016

Back to School

It's that time of year again...back to school!  Not for me, of course, but for all the kiddos out there tonight there will be butterflies in their stomachs thinking about their first day of school tomorrow.  At least in schools around here, although I know some kids have already started school and some kids still have a few more days of freedom before hitting the books again.  

It's always a fun and hectic time of year...a new school year, new school clothes, new school supplies, new friends and new worries or anxieties.  I think we can all remember it at some point in time in our lives.  The nervousness that first day of school, but then as the days go by it's back into a normal school year schedule with homework, school activities and sports.  Oh, if we only knew back then how good we had it and how little responsibilities we truly had.  I definitely would have enjoyed it more if I had known how lucky I was to grow up where I did and in the time that I did....meaning, we didn't grow up in the social media age....thank goodness!

Now, it just means to slow down at school crossings and seeing all the Friday night lights (for football around here).  Next week I will have been in my house for 12 years.  It doesn't seem that long, but since I've lived in my house there have been 6 new schools built in my immediate neighborhood.  So you can guess how many more school zones there are now for me just to get to the main artery of my city.  

So, to all the kids starting a new school year...be studious and learn and much as you can, listen, work hard, play hard and have fun!  And to all the parents out there...good luck!  Blessings to all the students and their parents this new school year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment