Sunday, March 20, 2016

Palm Sunday

Mom will occasionally go to church with me and if I can get her to go to the early service, not 8 am, but 9:30 am then all is well.  Since I'm an early bird I get a lot done before noon, so I prefer going to the early service.  I knew she had one of my nephews spending the night last night and she wanted to bring him to church with us this morning.  He enjoys going to church and learning about Jesus.  He's very in-tune with his spiritual side...even at 8!

So, when he walked in and then my other "youngest" nephew (also 8), I was a little surprised...but then again, not, since I knew they'd probably talk my mom into letting them both spend the night last night after being over at my parents yesterday for a quick and impromptu get-together with one of my cousin's family traveling through on their way to San Antonio.  They both love hanging out with each other and spending time with one another which is great all in itself, but for both of them to go to church together...that was something new!  

I was expecting the "antsy's" to kick in at some point and they both got a little impatient for a tad, but all-in-all they actually were both really good!  The one that had never been to church before asked a lot of questions, which was good and showed he had some interest at least, and I told both about how the huge pipe organ worked and they both thought that was cool.  They were initially engaged with the sermon (which, lets face it can get long at times) and they both laid their heads on my arms and listened quietly.  It was a special moment for me to share with them and share the glory of God's grace and mercy in our lives...especially at this time of year!  Sometimes you just can't script out special blessings that will come in a day, but that was one I'll remember for a long time!

And of course, we had to take to them to eat pancakes, waffles, eggs and bacon afterwards!  I diverted them from their usual IHOP and took them to a new place (for them) that had the same menu.  They enjoyed it just as much and got to experience a lot of first's today!  A day to praise and thank God for his resurrection, and a day to learn and experience new things for my nephews!  What more can you ask for?!

I hope you have a blessed holy week ahead and share the love and grace of God's resurrection to all those you meet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment