Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Spring into Summer

Did you get your May flowers?  We had limited rainfall in April, but I did have irises, peonies and roses bloom earlier in the month.  Now, everything has died out getting ready for the heat...the blazing heat of summer!  I almost feel like we didn't really have a spring because we didn't get much rain and there weren't many 70 degree days (which would have been nice).  It's already in the upper 80's and will continue to go from here through the end of summer.  And the end of summer is more like the end of October for us here in Texas.  Crank up the AC!!

Wherever you are, I hope you've had an enjoyable and cooler spring...planting gardens and flowers, manicuring your lawns and taking time for long walks.  School is almost out for many kids and summer fun...vacations...picnics...pool parties...await!  Will it be simply be hot here in Texas, blazing hot, or unbearably hot this summer?  We're about to find out!

Whatever the weather brings, I'm looking forward to more new and exciting opportunities to come with the book!  There have already been some unexpected and delightful opportunities arise over the past several months and more to come!  So stay tuned!!  It's been a fun adventure and I look forward to opening more people's eyes to the life of an adoptee and hopefully inspiring more adoptees and their families through my story.  We all have a journey and I've been blessed to hear many of yours through reaching out to me after you've read my book, at book signings or just contacting me via email.  Thank you for sharing your stories!  Blessings to you the rest of this "spring" week!

No comments:

Post a Comment