Sunday, May 18, 2014

Four!

Went to my first PGA tournament today, the Byron Nelson.  It's literally been in my 'backyard' for several years (when I lived in Valley Ranch), but I never made the trip down the road to watch the tournament.  Most years, it's been hot and very humid so it was a good reason to avoid it, but today it was in the low 80's and windy, so it was perfect.  I'd still take 70's degrees to make it "just right" for my taste, but it was still great weather and no humidity...thankfully!

It was fun to watch them tee off, scramble to save bad shots and drain birdies.  Of course, watching on t.v. all these years, you don't realize you're going to be walking 10 miles all over the course to check out all the holes or to follow your favorite player(s).  It's definitely a haul!  And after already working out this morning with tired legs I'm surprised they held up in sandals (with no support) on pebbled sidewalks.  One player actually shot over our heads to avoid some trees we were standing under to make it to the green.  And at the 18th hole, 5 out of 8 players in a row hit their ball in the gallery to the right just a few feet away from us.  It must have been the wind.

It was a fun experience but a little too quiet for me.  I like to hoot and holler for my team when they make a good shot.  When I play golf with my dad and sister, my sister always has to tell me to be quiet because I always want to shout and cheer when I (or they) make good shots.  High five!

I hope you've had a good weekend and had the chance to experience something new.  If not, be open to new opportunities when they present themselves.  Blessings to you this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment