Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Hello, Testing, Testing....

If you've been following my blog over the past several months, you know I've done several book signings...but tomorrow night I am doing my first book signing and speaking (to hopefully a good-sized audience).  It's only 10-15 minutes, but that's enough to get me started for the first time.  I haven't even thought of what I'm going to say yet!  Yikes!  I guess I better start putting an outline together.

Am I nervous?  No.  If I were speaking any longer than 15 minutes, then maybe a little.  But, I think it'll be fairly painless.  It's been awhile since I've spoken in front of a crowd, though.  I used to have to do it for work several times a year at events.  The larger the ballroom the better for me.  I can stare at the back of the room and talk and I don't have to look directly at anyone.  But, talking in front of a room that is much smaller, almost classroom size where people are sitting right in front of you staring at you is a bit more intimidating.  But, tomorrow night will be much more casual so I think I'll be fine.  Wish me luck anyway!

Remember, if you haven't purchased my book yet, you can always go to my website at www.kimfenneman.com or you can purchase the ebook on Amazon...just search my name or the title, "Corn-fed with Rice on the Side."


No comments:

Post a Comment