Sunday, May 4, 2014

Happy May Day...Cinco de Mayo!!

Do you do anything to celebrate May Day?  When I was growing up in Iowa, we always use to do little May Day baskets and deliver them to our friends.  It was basically filling a Styrofoam cup with popcorn, candies, cookies, etc. and then delivering them without your friends knowing as a sweet surprise!  I miss that little tradition!  Of course, most of the time my mom and I would forget until the last minute (meaning, the day of) and rush to put together all the treats to deliver to my friends.  Maybe one of these days I'll bring that tradition back...down here in the south!

And, tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo...which is obviously a big deal down here in the south!  Lots of festivities going on but most of it around food...margaritas, tacos, enchiladas, tamaleas and on and on!  I could eat tacos everyday!  Several years ago I think I did eat tacos every week!  

So, however you've been celebrating over the past couple days I hope the weather has been warmer (here in the States) and that you've been able to take in the sunshine and blue skies!  It's definitely starting to feel like (spring)...actually more like summer already!  My irises have been blooming for the past several weeks and my dark pink peonies have been blooming, as well.  They are my favorite!!  So, although we didn't have many April showers (or at least as much as we needed), May flowers are blooming!

I've got my first Author Talk this week at my local library, so if you're local please come out and see me this Thursday.  Check out my website (www.kimfenneman.com) for more details!  It's the first time I actually have to get up and talk about my book in front of people. Yikes!  Gulp.  Wish me luck!  And, hope to see some familiar faces out there!

Blessings to you this first full week of May!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment