Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Trusting in Faith

If you've just recently started reading my blog or have been reading it since the beginning (thank you, by the way), you'll notice I do talk about God and my faith from time to time.  I grew up going to church and Sunday school, I went through the whole confirmation process and I continue to attend church regularly as an adult.  It's just part of who I am...or should I say God is part of who I am.  He's the one constant in my life no matter what happens and I give thanks every night and every day.

I've actually never read the bible from cover to cover before so that's one of my goals this year.  Something I read last night struck a cord as I think we all struggle with our faith throughout our lives if we are spiritual in any way.  I know some of you may be more spiritual than religious and whatever you believe and however you go about practicing your beliefs, I think we can all agree God is good, He's love, He's peace and only wants those things for us.  Here's what made me sit and think awhile about my own faith...
"The real issue in life is not the search for God's will; it is the search for God.  The issue in faith is not knowing what God is doing.  The issue of faith is seeking God's presence, not God's plan for my life, because there is no plan outside of my knowing him." (Mike Yaconelli)

We've all heard "For we live by faith, not by sight" or some iteration of that bible verse before.  And that's why faith is hard because we can't see what God is doing "behind the scenes" for us.  We don't know what pieces are falling into place in our favor.  We just have to trust and believe that they are and that God knows what is best for us.  We have to trust in God.  "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."  I've said that verse over and over and over again to myself so many times.  I believe it but like anything else some days it's just harder to understand.  But, that's just it...we're not supposed to understand at that moment.  We're just suppose to trust in the Lord...and have FAITH!

I think in some ways our faith is always being tested...somehow.  But, I think that's just part of our journeys.  We grow in our faith as we grow as people.  It has to be nourished to grow and flourish as we continue to move throughout our journey of life.  So, wherever you are in your faith journey I hope you continue to work at it.  It's worth it!  God is good all the time.  All the time God is good.

Blessings of faith and trust in the Lord the rest of this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment