Thursday, January 11, 2018

Stay Healthy

Yes, it's the start of a new year and many of us are trying to eat better and exercise more to get healthier, right?!  We're all motivated with the start of a new year and the possibilities of making it a fresh start, but then we get sick...cold, flu, etc.  Our plans are derailed and then what?

We feel miserable for a week or so and then a family member gets sick, and eventually all the kids get sick.  The motivation and positive outlook you had a week ago is stalled, forgotten, or on hold for awhile.  Sound familiar?  It's what a lot of people are going through right now with the extreme flu season we're having right now (in the States).  Plus, most kids just went back to school this week so those "out sick" numbers will probably go up over the next week before they even out a bit.  We're in the thick of it...cold, flu, sick season.  Yippee to the new year!

Our best intentions for a fresh start to the new year are thrown out the window...at least temporarily.  Luckily, I haven't been affected yet, although I've had a couple uneasy stomach days over the past few weeks where I definitely thought I was getting sick.  So, I'm hoping and praying I don't get sick.  I think sore throats are the worst.  I just feel like I want to cough up my tonsils.  So, again I'm hoping those germs stay away and I can get through this cold/flu season unscathed.  I hope you do, too!

So, here's wishing you a healthy start to your new year and you do happen to get sick please bless others by staying home.  Wishing you all healthy blessings over the next few weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment