Sunday, January 28, 2018

Ohhh Resolutions....

Are you sick and tired of your new year's resolutions already?!  Have you fallen off whatever wagon you were hoping to be on in the new year?  Has your hope for actually reaching one of those goals gone by the wayside?  Yes, it's about that time of the year after our new year's resolutions were highly anticipated, were made, were painfully worked on for a few days or weeks and then...when our new year's resolutions go out the window!

Are you there yet?  And, it's not even the end of January yet!  Oh yes, what's the point?  I tend not to make new year's resolutions each year because really after the holidays it's always the same...lose the 5 lbs I just gained over the holidays!  So, with that in mind I've failed miserably so far this year!  Anyone else?  I had some stomach thing the first two weeks of the year so that didn't help and then the last two weeks I guess my mental strength hasn't been so strong.  So, as of last Friday I'm back to January 1st...off to a new start!  I'm sure it won't be the last "January 1st" of this year for me!  And, I'm definitely struggling a bit today because I'm tired and when I'm tired I just don't care.  And, there's an awards show on tonight.  If you read one of my last posts about wanting to eat a pint of ice cream everytime the Oscars or Golden Globes are on, well, it's usually not a strong urge for music award shows.  I'm not sure why.  But, tonight might be another story.  Wish me luck!

Plus, the Super Bowl is next Sunday...oh great, the super bowl of game day foods!  And then only a couple weeks after that it's my birthday!  Oh geez!  But, my goal for now is to go clean and healthy until my birthday, so I've got a couple weeks to go.  Sigh.  Distractions.  Distractions.  I need distractions!  How do you stay on task or working towards your goal when you're tempted to do something else in conflict with your goal?

Well, wherever you are with you new year's resolutions I hope your either keeping up the positive momentum, your motivated by resetting them or you're completely done and enjoying life again!  Blessings to you as January comes to a end this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment