Wednesday, May 3, 2017

May Flowers

April showers bring May flowers, right?  That's the saying anyways...but, as I sit here waiting for more spring storms to roll through our area I'm hoping they're not severe or contain hail as possibly predicted.  However, yesterday I did buy a beautiful blue hydrangea plant.  The color was stunning so I couldn't pass it by!  I've already had several of my irises around my house bloom over the past several weeks, as well as, my peonies.  Although I have mentioned a few times throughout my spring posts that it's not my most favorite season of the year, I do love all the flowers blooming!

Flowers are just a bright and cheerful reminder that life is good!  They're simple, yet beautiful, some fragrant and they always put a smile on my face.  One of my grandmothers had a flower garden on the side of her house with so many different flowers.  She didn't do it every year, but when she did I remember walking through it admiring all the colorful flowers.  There was also a flower, called a blue bell, I think that grew in Iowa that doesn't grow down here in Texas that I miss.  It is such a fun and pretty flower...somewhat like the bluebonnet here in Texas, but not quite the same.  I miss finding those flowers near the creek by our house.

Flowers can evoke special memories just like a song can.  I think of my grandmother (the one with the flower garden) when I think about irises.  She always had them growing at her house.  And, I've got some irises from her flower garden that my dad brought me and ironically they're all white.  We didn't know what color they were going to be when we planted them, but for them all to be white is amazing and really special.  I'm definitely taking them with me if I ever move.  

My favorite flower is the peony!  I just love them!  I think they're so beautiful and full when they bloom.  Roses are always lovely, calla lilies are unique and the list goes on and on.  What's your favorite flower?  What flower brings special memories to mind?

Wishing you many blessings full of beautifully bloomed flowers throughout May and beyond!!

No comments:

Post a Comment