Sunday, May 7, 2017

Counting Sheep

The last few nights I haven't been sleeping well.  Normally, I can fall asleep within 15-20 minutes and occasionally (meaning once every 2 months or so) there will be one night I can't fall asleep right away and I lay awake for an hour or more.  But lately it's taken me more than an hour to fall asleep and I'm simply exhausted.  It definitely makes it much harder to work out (and do cardio) in the mornings!

In late February I had to go on a week-long work trip to California and leading up to that trip my body was on auto-pilot.  I could fall asleep as soon as I went to bed, I would wake up a few minutes before my alarm went off and I was on a good stretch of eating really clean.  And then the time zone difference threw a total wrench into my system.  The first 3 nights in California my body time clock was completely off!  I couldn't sleep or I'd wake up at 3 or 4 am.  And of course, by the time it was time to come back home my body time clock was just adjusting to the 2 hour time difference.  Every since then I haven't been able to sleep well or get back in synch with my body time clock...even though I'm back on my normal schedule.  It's definitely been frustrating!

Do you have trouble sleeping?  I know a lot of people have insomnia.  How do you clear your head at night?  What helps you fall asleep?  And no, I don't count sheep.  I just try to clear my head of ANY thoughts!  Obviously it hasn't been working very well.  I'm hoping my body will figure it out soon and I can start getting some much needed deep sleep...consistently!

Hoping you have a blessed week ahead filled with restful sleep!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment