Sunday, May 21, 2017

Parallel Parking

Can you parallel park?  Are you good at it?  Obviously those living in urban areas with limited parking become good at it because you have to, but when you grow up on a farm with as much open land as possible it's really not a necessity.  However, I did grow up in the suburbs during my teenage years, so I suppose I had a little more use for it then....but, not really!  But, as we all know it's part of our driving license test and so I learned and passed that test!   And, it really the only time I've HAD to do it.  I just avoid doing it if I HAVE to most time...just like most people.  I have had my dad, mom and sister talk me through it, though, so I've successfully done it a handful of times.

When my sister and I lived in the Silicon Valley area of California for awhile, we'd drive up to San Francisco from time to time and I did make her get out of the car once to parallel park my car.  There weren't many spaces around and it was really the only spot we could find, so we jumped out the car and switched places.  No big deal!  And just recently, my mom and I were in a downtown shopping area and came upon a great parking spot but I'd have to parallel park the car....so, of course I made my mom get out and parallel park it for me!  And, she did a perfect job!!  Right next to the curb, straight as can be...impressive!

I know they have cars that will parallel park for you and if I lived in the city I might consider it, but for the rare and limited time I actually NEED to parallel park it's really not worth it!  Besides, I'm good if I've got my dad, mom or sister with me, right?!

Blessings to you for a terrific week ahead and a relaxing holiday weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment