Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Visiting the States

Sorry I missed Sunday's post, but I spent my 3-day weekend helping my parents move.  Packing, moving and unpacking....ALL weekend!  Every day I was tired, sore and exhausted.  I went to bed feeling that way and woke up feeling that way!  It was a long weekend and not our typical Easter weekend.  But, we got them all 'settled' for now so that's the good news!

During the same time, a friend of mine from Taipei was visiting the west coast for a friend's wedding.  All weekend I saw the Facebook posts she made of all the scenic locations they had visited and ALL the delicious food they ate...ALL the food!  It was fun to see her family's excitement over their visit and all the American food they were enjoying!  It made me think of the simple things and the types of foods they were actually excited about that we probably take for granted or don't think much about...eggs with mushrooms on sourdough bread for breakfast.  Simple yet so American and wonderful to them!

Plus, it's always interesting to see what tourists are into once they arrive in the States.  What they've heard about certain places, things, people in the U.S. or what their food preferences are...because as you know, Asians are notorious for posting food pictures on social media!  I don't know what it is or what the obsession is to post all their food pics, but in this instance I was intrigued to see what they were eating here in the States.

If you were visiting the U.S. what would be the first thing you'd want to eat?  For me it would probably be a big juicy burger or some sort of dessert like apple pie...how much more American can you get than that?!

I'm hoping and wishing you a safe and wonderful rest of the week!  Blessings to you and your family this first full week of April!

No comments:

Post a Comment