Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Rain, Rain and More Rain

It's pretty much been raining almost non-stop for the past 48 hours and there's no end in sight...well, none until Saturday afternoon.  We've already received around 5" of rain so far and with 3 more days of rain I'm sure we'll be over 10".  We're definitely out of our drought!

Do you love the rain?  What's your rainy day outfit?  Ah yes, you know you have one.  And, what's your rainy day meal?  If it's raining when I wake up I just want to stay in bed for another hour...or two!  And some days when I just want to stay in and veg out it's a great day for a rainy day.  Obviously, if it's a cold rainy day I probably would crave some kind of soup or a beef stew.  On a spring rainy day, I probably wouldn't have as strong a craving for say something like a comfort food, but it might make me want to bake something.

So, as the rain continues to fall and fall and fall it's actually the perfect time since many people are enjoying watching all the Olympic competitions during this soggy weather.  Silver lining.  There's always a silver lining if you look for it!

Blessings for weather that will nourish your soul the rest of the week wherever you are...rainy or sunny, hot or cold, humid or dry.  Soak it in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment