Sunday, February 11, 2018

Olympic Fever?

Do you have Olympic fever yet?  Have you been cheering your country's athletes on as the games have just begun?  Did you like the Opening Ceremonies?  Are you glad you're watching the competition from a warm location versus actually sitting outside for some of the events where it's literally freezing or below freezing?  I am!

But, I must say the I haven't caught the Olympic fever yet?  Maybe it's because I've been trying to avoid all the germs out there causing one of the worst flu outbreaks (in the U.S.) or even the common cold so far this year.  I just haven't caught the excitement of the thrilling competition that tends to unfold at Olympic games.  Maybe it's because I'm not attached to any of the athletes or they're just not as well known to me as in the past.  Usually there's at least one figure skater I'm excited to watch, but I'm a little ho-hum this year.  I'll watch here and there and I've got the Opening Ceremonies recorded so I'm sure I'll watch that at some point, too.  Those are always fun to watch.  But, overall until something amazing happens I'm a little uninterested, sadly.  I do love that we all come together to cheer for our country's athlete's during the Olympics and I wish that were the case more often...especially these days with the social and political climate we're currently facing.  

Either way, if you're totally gun-ho with the Olympics right now or you're just warming up to them, I hope we all remember the immense pride we feel when we watch our athletes compete, fall, get back up and try again.  Blessings to all those competing in the winter Olympics!  And, blessings to you this coming week!  

1 comment: