Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Can We Stand United?

Even after one of the saddest week's in America, I have to wonder if we will ever be "united?"  There have been wonderful moments of unity after many of the senseless acts of violence and deaths last week, but there have also been continued protests that have injured many, death threats against police and more officers killed.  Do people not get it?  Violence doesn't justify more violence!  It does show that there is so much rage and hate against one another that it's truly sad to witness and to know it's right out my front door.  We all have to face those realities of each new day.  

At my core I am an optimist and believe there is good in ALL people.  I believe traumatic, unjust experiences of many people's past have caused them to have distorted views of all instead of a few and their pent up anger and frustrations have reached a breaking point.  I understand their unfairness and I understand their anger, but I also know what is right...and violence is never the answer.  It only causes more violence.  Positive, constructive action and conversation is needed to resolve many of hurts in America that have cut deep and have remained over the years.  I can only wish and hope those with hate in their hearts can take a step back, have more understanding of on another and be willing to be proactive in being a part of the solution rather than continuing to being part of the problem.  We all have a part to play.  Can we be "united?"

Only time will tell and only strong leadership can lead the way.  I pray for both and in the meantime, I pray for our country, our communities and our families...that we may be part of the positive process for unity and common respect for our fellow man.  God bless us ALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment