Sunday, December 7, 2014

Gettin' my Christmas On...Finally!

Ok, I'm finally getting some Christmas decorations up in my house!  Yes, it's December 7th and I'm just now putting up my Christmas tree.  I wanted to do something different this year, so it took me a little while to figure out what I wanted to do.  Originally I was either going to put up my tree or just decorate the house, but not both.  I know, I know...where's my holiday spirit?!  Well, this year I wasn't in the mood to drag in my huge tree piece by piece, put it up and then carefully decorate it as I do every year.  I wanted something simple, something pretty, more natural looking (as far as decor) and something quick!  So, I found the perfect tree at a local craft store that's 5' with flocking, pine cones, berries and ice chips on it...tada!  Done decorating the tree!  Perfect!  Just what I was looking for!

So, I just got that up and finicky me I wrapped a big box with a bow that matches the natural tones of the tree and put the tree on top of the box to give it some height.  Then I had to buy new wrapping paper instead of what I was planning on using this year, because it didn't match the color scheme of my new tree...which is basic red, green and white.  With my other tree my colors are purple, aqua blue and silver...and my wrapping paper has to match my color scheme...always...and the bows!  I know, crazy, but it's a matter of aesthetic and color flow that is coordinated around the house.

Most of my presents are all wrapped and purposefully placed under the tree so it all coordinates with eye pleasing wonder!  New colors, new tree...delightful!!  Yes, I still need to pull out the 5-6 storage bins of Christmas decorations to finish decorating the house, but it'll have to wait another day or two.  I didn't get a lot done the last couple days because I've been busy with other activities...so again, I feel behind, but I'll get there before our big family holiday celebration at my house in a couple weeks.  How are you doing with your Christmas decorating?

Always so much to do and so little time!  But, I love sitting in the dark in my living room with just the Christmas tree lights on!  Joyful!!!  Peaceful!!!  Christmastime!!!

No matter if you've finished decorating or just begun, enjoy all the wonder and magic of the season in all the Christmas activities you do this holly jolly season!  Take time to enjoy it instead of it just being one of your to-do's on your to-do list.  Jesus is the reason for the season, so remind yourself or find out what that truly means to you in your life at this time in your life.  May you find many holiday blessings in your week ahead!  Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment