Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Countdown to Christmas!

Christmas is almost here!  I can't believe it's next week already?  Where did this year go?  I finally found myself singing to the Christmas carols on the radio this morning.  I've been hearing them, of course, for the past several weeks but finally busted out and sang along in my car this morning!

And, I guess it was inevitable that the lights would go out on my outside little Christmas trees that I put on each side of my door...actually, the bottom lights on both trees work, it's just the top part of the tree that has it's lights out.  Go figure.  So, how do you tell which light bulb has burned out?  Any quick, magical tricks?

Otherwise, I'm all ready to go!  Finally got the rest of the house decorated last weekend and really bought a lot of new things this year.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I bought a new, simple tree that I didn't have to decorate, so I went for the simple, natural feel this year.  I only got out about 1/3 of my Christmas decorations, but it looks good and not overdone.  I think I needed a change-up in my decor this year and it's nice to have different colors and different decorations to play with!  Besides, I'll be taking them down in about 10 days, so simple clean-up sounds good to me too!  ;-)

And, as the end of the year approaches, I've found myself reflecting a lot on this year over the past week or so.  The good, the bad, the to-do's, the 'check-that-off-the-list', the new experiences, the sad losses, and the new hope for tomorrow and the new year!  I hope the next week brings you and your family much joy and peace as you celebrate the greatest gift we all have and ever will receive and that's Jesus Christ!  May HIS grace, mercy, love and light shine on us each day...today, tomorrow and throughout the new year!!  Blessings to you and your family during this Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment