Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Putting it All Together

As the days pass by and I get closer to actually receiving my first shipment of books and seeing my book for the first time, I'm going through my checklist daily and trying to get everything done!  1st book signing booked, promotions done, interview done...check!  Working through the actual set-up of the book signing...taking payments, giving receipts, keeping track of inventory...pretty much worked out (in my head).  Booking local book launch party...still trying to get the best deal and get it booked ASAP so I can get invites out!  Finishing website...still a lot to do.  And all the other mundane details that must get done before my first magazine article gets published next week!  Yikes!  I think that was only one check, huh?

So, for anyone thinking about or wanting to write a book there's a lot more to it!  Writing it is probably the easiest part!  But, it's a new adventure with new things to learn...almost like starting my own mini-business I suppose.  Who knew?!  So, bit by bit, piece by piece, check mark by check mark it'll ALL get down!  Then I can really start to promote it like crazy!!  Watch out!

Thanks again for going on this new adventure with me and for all your good wishes!  And, thanks for your prayers that my books get shipped before my deadline! 

No comments:

Post a Comment